Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The "new addition"

So, after waiting a few weeks, yesterday I finally received a phone call telling me that I could come by the radio station to pick up the Brad Paisley autographed guitar that I won for being charitable at the end of January.

The full view, for effect

Closeup on the autograph
Unfortunately, it appears to be too much to ask for a star of any kind to have an autograph that could actually be identified as their signature just by looking at...

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the guitar itself. I was pretty much expecting it to be your basic, cheap guitar, pretty much like the one I already own that came in a box set. And, while it certainly wouldn't come anywhere near the level of the kind of guitar that a real serious guitar player would play, its definitely a step up from what I own. At the very least, it's more attractive. I restrung it (I wasn't impressed with the condition of the strings, and there was a silica gel packet rattling around inside that I couldn't get to with the strings on), tuned it up, and there it sits on my guitar stand. I figure as little as I actually play around with my guitar, I can actually use this one without worrying about diminishing its condition. Of course, perhaps having a better guitar that is signed by such a talented singer/guitar player will inspire me to get serious about the instrument again, but holding your breath regarding that occurance wouldn't be advisable :-)

My primary concern at this point is Chaser's interest in it. I was hoping since it was just replacing another guitar, it wouldn't attract his attention, but it seems to have anyhow.




3 comments:

Amanda said...

Very cool. :D

I hope Chaser leaves it alone!

Jeff said...

Cool.

Note to self: participate in BOB's fundraising for St. Jude hospital next year.

Scott said...

Amanda - I think it'll be okay. He seems to have determined it to be friend, not food. He actually took a brief nap next to it last night. Now, he's not particularly discriminating aboout where he lays down, so it could have been a coincidence, but I don't know that he's ever curled up in that spot of the floor before, and it's only inches from his pillow, so I do think the guitar had something to do with it.

Jeff - A very good idea. However, if your hope is to win something, it is probably best that you call me before you call in, just to make sure I'm not also donating that hour... ;)