Thursday, April 10, 2008

Finally!

I am very excited right now. I mean, really excited. Perhaps obscene would even be an appropriate term for my current level of excitement.

Why am I so excited? Well, because on this day, April 10th, 2008, I sit here writing this blog, while wearing *gasp* shorts! This is the first time I've had shorts on while in Pennsylvania this year. Well, actually, that's not true. I did wear shorts on the plane back from Florida, and kept them on until I got back to my folks' house, which is in Pennsylvania. So, this is the first time I've warn shorts in Pennsylvania and would have been comfortable going outdoors in them...

It is a beautiful spring day in southcentral PA, with clear blue skies, and temperatures at/near 70. In fact, it's probably the first "true" spring day we've had. We've had beautiful sunny skies (combined with 50 degree weather and a 15 MPH breeze) and we've had a day or two of relatively warm weather (couple either with rain or lots of clouds), but today is the first day I can recall having them at the same time.

Spring is, without question, my favorite time of the year. And I know I'm not unique in that regard. So the fact that it's taken us 20 days from the "official" start of spring to get a day like this has been mildly depressing. I love being able to have the heat off and have the windows open, and let the screen doors do their magic, creating a wonderful moving air through the house. I love being able to walk my dog without a big hurry to get back into the house due to the uncomfortable temperatures. I love having the option of running out and walking 9 holes of golf, without the use of long pants and a jacket. There's just something fundamentally right about the world on a day like today!

I hope those reading this are being blessed with similar weather today, but if not, know that spring is indeed coming, for real this time!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Alas, we had a chilly (in the 40s) and rainy day.

Sigh.

Spring comes later out here.

Scott said...

This was a blip on the radar screen for us, apparently, as it looks like a rainy weekend. Fortunately, it looks like it will at least stay warm (mid-upper 60s).

Amanda said...

Hey, it was around 70 (!!) today and sunny, but so so windy. There was even a tornado watch (which is fairly common now that warmer weather is [nearly] here).

:)

sarah said...

i miss the east coast! where's my sunny warm weather?! :D

Scott said...

Sorry. It'll happen for you. Someday.

We got another ridiculously nice day today. If only I hadn't had that Bible quiz tournament to run so I could have been out walking on a golf course, it would have been perfect.

Supposed to drop back into the 50s for a few days now though.