Sunday, September 21, 2008

Checking back in

This "Why I'm a Politcal Pariah" series has been the slowest developing set of posts ever, and I apologize for that. To be honest, I'm a bit surprised I got two installments done last week. You see, lately, it seems like whenever the climate starts to change in the spring and fall, my sinuses go crazy, and I woke up on Monday all clogged up and not feeling very good at all. I fought through it, fortunately mainly only had to go to work and then come home with little planned in the evenings for most of the week, and so was able to squeeze out a few blog entries. By the time I was mostly feeling better, it was Thursday and I needed to set myself to cleaning the house and making other preparations for the visit of my cousins from California on Saturday afternoon. They have 6 kids (7th on the way), the oldest being like 13 or 14, youngest being 2 1/2, so there were preparations. It was a relatively short visit, and it was a beautiful day so we were able to take advantage of the playground and pavilion adjacent to my development. Poor Chaser went absolutely bonkers while being kept in his crate with all the people running around the house, however.

I spent most of last evening just chilling out, and then was captivated by sports this afternoon (primarily the Ryder Cup, which I blogged about over on Peanut Vendors, but also the Phillies playing to bolster their playoff hopes, and Week 3 of the NFL. It was actually a very nice weekend as a followup to a week of feeling under the weather. A few things to do, but overall very calm and relaxing.

I have every intention of wrapping up my "pariah" postings with one or two more posts early this week. We'll see how it goes. I am going somewhere with this, trust me!

No comments: