Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's not my fault!

Seriously, I wasn't being a tease by promising a new post in my "Why I'm a political pariah" series for yesterday. I came home yesterday having run my thoughts over in my head on the bus ride home, all kinds of prepared. I got home, took care of the dog, sat down at the computer all ready to type, and there was no internet. That's right, once again, I didn't have service. And, as I found out today, it was once again the result of idiots who were doing utility work and dug indiscriminately, cutting my line somewhere. Unlike last time, the severed cable was not left poking up above the ground, so we don't know where it was cut. The Verizon tech ran a temporary line across the yard, which will keep me functioning until they can get out here and bury a new permanent line. So, I should be good to go, at least until the mowers come...

Look for the new "pariah" post later this evening.

No comments: