Saturday, May 23, 2009

At long last...

Well, after almost exactly two weeks, I finally have a functional heating/cooling system again, as of yesterday afternoon. And just in time too, as this weekend looks like our first extended stretch of hot/humid weather.

They finally got the additional parts I needed and were out yesterday afternoon to fix the furnace blower. I have a service contract on my furnace, so I won't actually be charged anything additional, but they did fill out and give me a copy of the bill - $1300+. Let's just say I'm making out like a bandit on that service contract at this point. At current reates, I could keep the service contract in place for about another 9-10 years, not need any additional work done, and still be money ahead. In fact, the repairman said that they are thinking about changing their contracts to put a limit on the amount they'll cover in fixing a blower motor (mine is a little more complicated than a standard blower system apparently) specifically because they saw how much my parts were. Oh well, I'm not paying this time, and I would say that if the motor blows up again any time soon, it'll be time to replace the entire unit.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wow! $1300! That's insane. Thankfully you didn't have to pay that and now you'll have a cool house for the holiday weekend. :)