Thursday, May 28, 2009

I can't fix it...

I can't fix it... no matter how much I want to, no matter how obvious it is to me, no matter how much it breaks my heart or causes me to pound my head against the wall in frustration.

I can't fix it... no matter how much I try, no matter what limits of myself I press to, no matter what amount of energy I expend.

I can't fix it... no matter how much they want it fixed, no matter how much they turn to me, no matter what they expect from me.

I can't fix it... and when I try, when I let myself believe that I can, I always wind up here - disappointed, frustrated, defeated, and angry at me and them.

I can't fix it... and really, why would I think I could? I can't even fix me.

I can't fix it... but there is One who can.

I can't fix it... and even knowing that, I can't make them go to Him - I can only point tp Him.

I can't fix it... but I can walk along side them until they make the choice to take it to Him.

I can't fix it... but I can take their hand and stand with them as they make the journey.

I can't fix it... so I have to let go, to put MY trust in the very One who I am asking them to trust.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

((hugs))