Monday, February 04, 2008

Update

Just want to let my loyal readers know that I've been MIA for a couple days, and will likely be so for another couple. I'm in the midst of a "minor" remodeling of the back room of my basement, and that consumed most of my free time over the weekend and will yet tonight and probably tomorrow.

I spent most of that incredible Super Bowl game last night with the game on my small TV in the back room while "partying" with a paint brush and my new cabinets. Gonna be awesome when it's all done, I just need to get to that point!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You wanna do some "minor" remodels at our place when you're out this fall?

;) Just kidding!

Scott said...

Oh, you don't want me. When I say "I'm doing a remodel" I really mean me, my Dad (who has been an electrical contractor since shortly after I was born and is handy enough for about any normal project) and my brother in law (who is a foreman for a home builder).

My skill set when it comes to a remodel such as this consists of:
#1. Basic electrical work
#2. A willingness to paint
#3. Handing stuff to and otherwise assisting the people who actually know what they are doing, or at least are better at pretending they know what they are doing than I am.

After tonight, painting is all that remains though, so it's all me. Hopefully I'll be finished on Wednesday.