Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Where were we?

Okay, so it's been a little while, once again. I had a rather busy, but fun, holiday weekend.

The first event, and most certainly the highlight, was Tim, Amanda, and Nathan's visit. I was greatly looking forward to having them at my house Saturday evening through Sunday morning. My anticipation of their visit momentarily turned to horror several hours before their arrival, when I went to take a shower and had no hot water. Now, I've lived in this house for almost 3 years and have never had this happen, and I have overnight guests maybe 2 times a year, so the fact that these things coincided was just bizarre. Fortunately, the pilot was just out on my water heater, so I was able to get it going again well ahead of their visit.

After that momentary stresser, their actual visit was just great. It was so awesome to be able to catch up with old friends, and to get to know little Nathan, who is just about the coolest thing ever. He's really a sucker for anyone who will help him explore by taking him anywhere he points, so I won major points there :) The family also got introduced to my dog, who is uber-hyper around visitors. Chaser was a big fan of Nathan, and Nathan was quite the trooper while Chaser was giving him kisses, until the 2nd or 3rd kiss caused Nathan to lose his balance and bump his head. Needless to say, Chaser was retired to his room for the evening. Thankfully, Nathan was no worse for the wear. He may have learned not to sit on Chaser's pillow, however. Probably not though, it is pretty comfy, after all.

I said goodbye to the Ritters on Sunday morning. Shortly after they left, my new roommate Brad, whose impending presence sparked the remodel of 2 weeks ago in the basement, showed up with all of his stuff, ready to move in. That happened with relative ease, and now we go through the process of adjusting to having 3 guys in the house as opposed to just two. Chaser also has to deal with having a roommate, and I'm not sure he's totally thrilled about the idea at present.

After church in the evening, I treked down the road to Shippensburg to spend the night with my folks, in advance of an early morning dentist appointment. There's no better way to celebrate President's Day than to get a tooth filled, if you ask me. Okay, I might be lying about that. However, I did enjoy the rest of the day, which involved spending time with the folks around the house, and then going out with my sister and brother-in-law to celebrate my sister's birthday. We had been planning on celebrating on her actual birthday last week, but a long standing tradition of bad winter weather occuring on her birthday reared it's ugly head.

So, after all of these various interruptions to my routine, and the corresponding interruption to posting on this blog, I'm pretty sure I'm back for a good long stretch at the helm of the blog. I've got a really awesome commentary on the "other side" of the NCAA that I'm ready to crank out, either later tonight, or tomorrow.






3 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks so much for letting us stay with you! We had a great time, and indeed Nathan is fine after his encounter with Chaser! :)

Thanks for your hospitality. :)

Scott said...

Anytime, of course.

What happened with Nate and Rachel? Did you get in touch with them on Monday?

Amanda said...

We did get in touch, but not until after we'd already gone back to my grandparents. Apparently, they thought it was Sunday (b/c Nate had off for Pres. Day). So, we rescheduled for Tuesday, but then Rachel's grandfather, they thought, might be passing away in the very near future, and they decided to drive down to South Carolina to visit with him.

So, we didn't get to meet with them at all. :( Hopefully another time.