Monday, August 04, 2008

Announcing a new venture

So, if you've been around this blog for a while, you may have noticed a relative lack of sports posts lately, relative to the earlier days of the blog. The reasons for this are essentially two-fold. The first one is that my current inability to get AM radio (and thus sports talk radio) at work has left me with somewhat less inspiration. The second, and probably more important, was the ongoing realization that this is really my personal blog, and that, for the most part, my regular readers are much more interested in what's going on with me than they are in my opinions about sports, so I've been pretty consciously favoring posting about stuff that's going on with me, and my takes on life in general.

Anyhow, my good friend, and former roommate of 5 years, Jeff evidently had been undergoing the same conflict, and he recently launched a separate blog for his sports musings. I saw that and thought it was a great idea, but also knew that I had zero chance of keeping a meaningful level of activity on 2 blogs by myself for any extended period of time. I felt like Jeff had similar concerns, so I approached him about joining up with his blog. I liked that idea for a number of reasons, but primarily because it takes the pressure off of either one of us to fill up a blog, and because I think the two of us will prove a rather entertaining combination as we post and play off of each other's styles, and thus this blog might one day be worthy of an audience that is wider than just our own friends and family.

So, allow me to introduce you to We are the Peanut Vendors. From here on out, Peanut Vendors will be my venue for my sport takes and my reviews of sports-related books. I may occasionally link to a story on that blog if I find it noteworthy, but the only sports related material you're likely to find in this space would be personal stories (like my softball adventures and rants), or posts related to Messiah College athletics. So, if you're interested in my sports takes, I invite you to jump on over to Peanut Vendors from time to time. And if you aren't, fear not, for this space will still stay active with my musings on everything outside the world of sports.

No comments: