Monday, August 11, 2008

Okay, so maybe...

we aren't "that" team. I think we lost to the real "that" team tonight. And I'm not suggesting anything sinister about that, I think they were in a more severe situation as far as not being able to get players together during the regular season than we were, actually forfeiting games here and there. And anyhow, we managed to lose 3 of our 4 meetings to them before they became "that" team, so we don't have much to complain about.

'So, as you can perhaps deduce, tonight's playoffs did not go altogether well. Things started well enough, with us as the 3 seed rallying late and ultimately defeating the 2 seed by 8 runs. Things looked really good as "that" team defeated the dominant #1 seed, who somehow only managed to have 8 guys available for the playoffs. But we just couldn't hit in our second game, so we lost, and now will play the #2 seed (who knocked the #1 seed out in their 2nd game) tomorrow for a shot to get into the championship. While I'm excited and hoping we get the job done, to be honest, I'm mainly just eager to have the season over with. I enjoy playing and hanging out with the guys, but softball takes up a lot of time through the week during the summer, and since I'm also in charge, I have those extra responsibilities, and so by season's end, I'm always ready to hang it up. I've stated that I'll play softball until I'm 30 (I'll play the season I turn 30), and then I'm going to retire from the diamond and play more golf. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: