Saturday, October 04, 2008

The trip thus far

Yesterday we went up to St. Joseph, Michigan, which is on the shore of Lake Michigan. Here are some of the visual highlights:
Nathan enjoying a hot dog

Nathan seemed to think he was the sand inspector

Taking a break on a convenient log

Afterwards, we headed back home and had a pretty relaxing evening: a little fall snack of fresh apples, peanut butter, cheese, and apple cider, dinner at Steak and Shake, and just lounging around for the most part. This morning, Tim put together an excellent breakfast, and prior to that, I gave Nathan the train I brought for him. That's right, I'm not above bribing my friends' children for their affections :-) Actually, in Nathan's case, I really didn't have to, this was just a bonus. The train was a hit, however:

This afternoon, Tim and I will set out on foot and make the arduous (1 mile) trek to Notre Dame Stadium for the Notre Dame v. Stanford football game. It looks like we're going to have an absolutely beautiful fall day for the game, much as we had yesterday. This is obviously my first Notre Dame game, and really the first football game I've attended at a level above high school, so I'm pretty excited about it. More pictures to come, I'm sure.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

He is a cute little boy!

And he does love trains. ;)

megan said...

In reading your entry, I realize that I may have to say "I am a terrible sister" because I completely forgot to dispense any gift giving advice based on my years of experience with neices and nephews. But, it appears you did quite well on your own, so I'll try not to be too hard on myself ;)