Saturday, June 07, 2008

Checking in...

Well, I'm awake this morning with internet access (I'm actually listening to the Phillies game right now, how cool is that?) and nothing really to do until breakfast in about 45 minutes, so I thought I'd hop over here and post some personal reflections.

#1 - The trip started off with a minor fashion mishap for me. Note to self: 4:30 am is not the best time to pick out your pants if you want to make sure you get your khaki Dockers rather than your green pair. Fortunately they are close enough that I have enough shirts along to match these as well, and it's not like I have to be overly fashionable on this trip anyhow.

#2 - Remember the days when it was cool to sit in the back of the school bus because you got to really feel the bumps? At 28, getting to really feel the bumps of the vehicle your in is much less cool. Either the church van needs some suspension help, or every road between McBIC and JFK really needs some work. I'm leaning toward the latter, actually.

#3 - You know that it has been a LONG flight when your flight attendant comes to serve you your 3rd hot meal (when was the last time any of you even got one hot meal on a plane?) and she (like the rest of crew) is now wearing a different uniform than she was the first 2 times.

#4 - Last month was motorcycle safety month in PA (if not everywhere) and a lot of the display boards along the highways had a message reminding us that "Motorcycles are everywhere". I'm here to tell you that we don't know what it means for motorcycles to be "everywhere" back in the States. Here in Bangkok, they ARE everywhere, and consistently pulling stunts that would get them killed on the streets of any US city.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

LOL Thanks for sharing your observations! :)