Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Bugs Bunny, Greatest Banned Player Ever

As you might notice if you've taken a look at the list of books I'm currently working on, I'm reading a collection of the "best" American sportswriting from 2006 (it's the 2007 edition, but contains stuff written last year). The first few articles in the collection were not exactly what I expected. The second one was particularly surprising.

I think my readership is all old enough to have at some point in their lives seen the classic Bugs Bunny cartoon where he plays a game of baseball by himself against a team of gorilla-type individuals. The author of this column seems to have decided to do a full write-up of the game, focusing on the actual plausibility of the depicted events. I could spend more time describing this entry to you, but it's probably best experienced: http://www.ussmariner.com/2006/03/12/bugs-bunny-greatest-banned-player-ever/

Advance warning: This guy clearly takes his cartoon baseball FAR too seriously.

No comments: