Monday, October 29, 2007

Why must they mess with something I enjoy?

So I went to the grocery store today, as is my typical Monday practice. While there, I grabbed a box of one of my favorite cereals without taking a close look at it. I just opened the box up to pour a bowl for a late night snack, and I noticed on the box 3 of my most dreaded words in the food industry "Now Better Tasting". Some corporate types have decided that something I greatly enjoy wasn't quite good enough, and they screwed with the taste.

And so I'm led to ask, why must they mess with something I enjoy? Now, I know that when they make these changes, they do studies that show that like 85% of people like the new taste better than the old taste, but my ability to be in the 15% on virtually every occasion is absolutely uncanny. Even when I do like the new taste better, it almost always only a very slight improvement, and I've had a few of my very favorite foods absolutely ruined for me by a change like this. The food industry as a group is clearly against me.

Just as an FYI - In this particular case, I couldn't really tell the difference, so it worked out. I was lucky.

No comments: