Friday, March 14, 2008

Among the elite - Falcons roar back to advance!

Well, I obviously wasn't there, but I wanted to post the update anyhow.

Messiah beats Rochester 73-61 to advance to the Elite 8 for the 3rd time in school history, and the first since 2003! That margin makes it sound like it might not have been the most exciting game ever, but you couldn't be more wrong. Messiah trailed Rochester all throughout the first half, and went into halftime down by 6. Rochester roared out further at the start of the 2nd, going on an 11-2 to run, putting the Falcons down 43-28 with 16:46 to go, and I was mentally preparing to write their obituary. But the ladies refused to die, and outscored Rochester 45-18 over the remainder of the game. Man, I really wish I could have been there, instead of listening over the internet.

The Lady Falcons will play Tufts tomorrow at 7 for the chance to move onto the Final Four for the 2nd time in program history.

No comments: