Sunday, March 16, 2008

Heading home

Well, this will be my last post from the sunny land of Florida. I'm sitting at our gate in the Tampa airport, waiting for our flight to board in about 45 minutes, and enjoying the airport's free wireless connection. (Those greedy bastards want to charge for it in Baltimore)

We awoke to warm weather, but rather overcast skies. By 8:30 we were packed up and checked out of the hotel, on our way to the golf course. The clouds broke up about midway through the round, and we played the last several holes under beautiful blue skies. It wasn't best round ever, but given that until last night's brief stop at the driving range, I hadn't swung my clubs in 4 1/2 months, it was alright. To be honest, if this was the worst round I shoot all season (and it likely won't be), it would be a very good year.

And so, this wraps up my chronicles of my trek to Clearwater. I'll be back tomorrow with more standard content for this blog, most likely my annual rant on the fallout from NCAA tournament Selection Sunday! You may ask how I can call it an annual rant since this is the first Selection Sunday since I've started posting regular. Well, I've ranted every year for a few years, it's just now I will actually write it down and share it with the world. And actually, if you go back to the original 4 posts I made when I started this blog back in '05, I believe you'll find one of them to be a rant similar to what you are likely to see tomorrow.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Those greedy bastards want to charge for it in Baltimore

LOL