Friday, March 14, 2008

And So I Ask - On Location

Greetings from Clearwater, Florida, and welcome to this blog's first ever remote!

I'm here to "cover" Phillies Spring Training for the next 2 days. Okay, to be fair, my motives for being here are something less than professional, but I will do my best to let you into what I'm experiencing while I take in a couple of exhibition games with my dad.

Our trip was highly uneventful, up until the point where we arrived in the Tampa airport. Our efforts to get from our plane to the hotel were highlighted by a jammed baggage belt, me leaving one of my bags on the shuttle from the terminal to the rental car place and not realizing it for a couple minutes (thankfully the driver had left the bag behind anyhow), and the Garmin repeatedly trying to send us down roads that were under construction as we tried to get out of the airport.

But we're here safe and sound none the less.

The primary purpose of this entry, however, is for me to post this, which I'm sure will inspire some combination of hatred/envy from my Northeast/Midwest readership.

I'll check back in tomorrow, well, actually, just later today. Must sleep...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Scott, I'm literally in tears I'm so jealous.

;)

It's been in the 40's and 50's here...which has felt AWESOME (relatively, of course!).

Have fun in the Sunshine State.