Friday, March 14, 2008

Poetic justice

So, apparently my efforts to inspire hatred and jealousy went out into the universe, and brought the PM rain that was forecast into the Clearwater area a bit ahead of schedule. It started to rain about an hour and 15 minutes before gametime, and kept it up right until gametime, which led to about a 30 minute delay to the start of the game. It also kept up a drizzle for most of the game, before going back to another steady rain in the 7th. Dad and I watched the first 3 innings standing underneath cover, and then went to our seats for 4 innings, before finally leaving after the 7th. I'm fairly certain that none of the pitchers the Phillies used will actually make the major league team, and it showed, leading to the 9-1 Braves victory. Anyhow, the rain did not come until after I'd already had a chance to participate in my favorite spring training activity. When we're attending games in Clearwater, which is the case for both our games this year, Dad and I always go over right and get in as soon as the gates open. I've taken to going down and standing in the first row just to the right of the backstop, camera in hand, and watching batting practice. It's incredibly awesome to be down right next to some of my favorite players, and I always come away with some nice pictures. This year was no exception.



No idea who the dude on the left is, but the guy on the right is 2006 NL MVP Ryan Howard

I love Shane Victorino, mainly because dude is basically my size and is a very good player

My favorite player, and my dog's namesake, 2B Chase Utley



Jayson Stark, who covers the Phillies for ESPN (Leave it to me to take a picture of the sportswriter)



1 comment:

Amanda said...

Despite the rain, sounds like you're having a good time. :)